Tuesday, February 1, 2011

An introduction of sorts

My name is Leah Coffin. I'm 34 years old, originally from Berkeley, CA,  but currently residing in San Jose. I'm in my final (knock wood) semester in the SLIS program, and have really enjoyed meeting and interacting with other students, even if not always face to face.

In this class, I hope to gain a greater understanding of the Web 2.0 options available to users, as well as how they may be used to benefit libraries and librarians. Although I am reasonably proficient in using most Web 2.0 applications, I also hope to gain a deeper understanding of their capabilities, both in general and for LIS purposes. With any luck, I would also like to use some of those tools, including this blog, to stay in touch with and interact with the other students in this class.

Here's to a great semester!





No comments:

Post a Comment